Looking to expand your knowledge of websites and search engine optimization? Do you enjoy learning as much as you can about something because it’s important to know how things work? Do you love the feeling of accomplishment you get putting the check in check boxes and moving on to the next item on your list? If this sounds like you, you may be a great fit for our team!
Dealer Inspire is a cutting edge website company located in Naperville’s High Grove Plaza. We have hundreds of clients specializing in the automotive industry. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great family-like culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment filled with ways to unwind.
About the position
Dealer Inspire is looking for detail-oriented individuals with a fantastic attitude, to play a critical role in the setup and development of our client websites. In order for SEO to be all that it can be for our client base, we need to ensure that all of the building blocks for success are in place. We are looking for someone with critical thinking skills, great attention to detail and the ability to see projects through an established process.
The Website Optimization Specialist will receive training on search engine optimization best practices and in depth training on the Dealer Inspire website platform.
This is not a client-facing role. Our team members take pride in serving and supporting our clients by ensuring the websites we build, meet the needs of their customers, with an optimized user experience.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Reviewing client details and requirements that were gathered during the on-boarding process, and using his/her knowledge of the Dealer Inspire platform; input these details into each client’s WordPress website to ensure each website is optimized at the the time of launch.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure the assigned list of client websites are optimally developed and launched in specified timelines. Although the tasks are performed independently, the coordination and prioritization of those tasks requires a team effort. We believe that this blend of autonomy and collaboration is at the foundation of what we do.
- Maintaining communication flow within internal tools and systems; WordPress, Basecamp and various spreadsheets.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Be the master checkbox completer for each assigned website project; maintaining responsibility for successfully completing the majority of SEO tasks for each project.
- Ensure each client website is optimized by writing and editing title tags and meta descriptions in the DI platform, based on the nature of the website, and client’s targeted locations.
- Anticipate the opportunity to think critically and creatively on behalf of our clients to ensure that SEO foundations are in place based on the needs of the client.
- Lead a rigorous program of preparing and testing 301 redirects to ensure successful website migration during development and post go-live.
- Respond to basic post go-live support tickets from clients, such as changes to target locations, or modifications to redirect plan.
- Maintain awareness of the most updated Compliance and OEM program requirements and ensure websites follow best practices mandated by each manufacturer.
- Be an active team member and problem solver; working with others to identify opportunities for improved communication and internal processes.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to follow outlined processes and demonstrate good judgment
- Ability to perform routine and repetitive production work
- Possesses keen analytical/problem solving skills and enjoys challenges
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adapts well to change in the work environment, process, or to priorities
- Familiarity with Google Docs/Google Sheets or Microsoft Word/Microsoft Excel
- ++SEO experience preferred, but not necessary
- ++Familiarity with WordPress
- ++Familiarity with Basecamp
- Candidates must be within driving distance of Naperville, IL and be able to attend weekly training in our Naperville, IL office for the first several months; with an option for less frequent in-person requirements to be revisited in the future.
Compensation based upon experience in the field. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health Insurance with BCBS
- 401k plan with company match
- 10 days paid time off, 4 days of sick leave and selected paid holidays
- Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer to Peer Bonus program
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and more!
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.